Jackson History

1920’s
1924 - Jackson Pantorium was founded by Minnie Jackson (pictured right)
out of her home, where she performed a myriad of services, such as rug
cleaning and shampooing, interior car cleaning, alterations, cleaning,
pressing, repairing (of personal family laundry), hatting and fabric dyeing.
1926 - Business soon outgrew her home and built
the first building
1930’s
1930 - became Jackson Dry Cleaners and Launderers
1931 - Lee Jackson (only 2nd Generation) joined
full-time and started Lee’s Linen Supply in
association with the Laundry.
1950’s
1957 - Lee and Lowene became sole owners after
Minnie’s passing (Terry and Lee pictured middle right
of page)
Terry Jackson (1st of the 3rd generation) started full time.
1960’s
1962 - First major expansion, modernized washroom.
1970’s
1971 - Terry became sole owner, discontinued retail dry cleaning
and family laundry, becoming entirely a commercial laundry.
1975 - Jay Jackson (3rd generation) joined full time coming back
from UNL.
1975 - Joined Robert Swift Strategic Management Group
1975 - Terry Passed away, Jay and wife Kathy become sole
owners (pictured at bottom)
1980’s
1983 - Major expansion to uniform department
1989 - Joined CSC Network (a powerful buying group and
association for Independent Launderers around the country)
1990’s
1990 - New building
1996 - Installed state of the art CBW Tunnel Washer,
increasing efficiency and wash quality
2000’s
2000 - Present - Jesse Jackson, Nikki Jackson, Jason
Jackon, and Justin Jackson (all 4th Generation) have
all taken serious roles in the success of Jackson
Services (pictured right are Kathy, Jay, Justin, Jesse,
Jason, and Nikki)
2003 - Implemented RFID technology becoming one of
the very first plants to incorporate such technology